Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 11:27:11 PST

Yea, they switch all the time on us-it used to really tick me off, but I've mellowed-it just goes with the territory-just last week a 3rd/4th grade special ed class took her kids to the lower el assembly because she teaches 2nd grade curriculum to them so that she would get two breaks-the classroom teachers are the queens of picyone-their lives are lived by how many "minutes" someone gets. I try to go with the flow and I must say they have been pretty flexible if I have to change if I've helped them out. Heyjude5270@aol.com wrote: Just an informal survey question for elementary teachers out there:
At your school, are teachers permitted to rearrange your schedule whenever they have field trips, standardized testing, assemblies, parties, etc, etc., etc., in order that they not miss their planning period which the "specials" provide? This is a hot topic at my school right now and I'm really curious as to how you all feel about this and how it's handled at your schools. Thanks for any input. -judy from cleveland ---