Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 11:47:50 PST

I refuse to switch schedules for the simple fact that I am in 3 buildings in
2 different towns 3 days a week, and 2 buildings/1 town the other 2 days. I
teach K-12 and just cannot accomodate any trades. Now, if two classroom
teachers work it out so that their classes rotate and it doesn't conflict
with my schedule then I'm not opposed, but I'm not going to do it for them.
I actually enjoy them being gone occasionally so I can cut paper, mat
projects, make copies, etc that is next to impossible to do during a normal
school day - and with a teenage jock in my home I spend most evenings on a
bleacher somewhere so I don't stay after school much either. I have a
fantastic relationship with almost all of the teachers in my district and
they understand why I just cannot do it. :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids