Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 21:36:05 PST

on 3/24/02 12:28 AM, Susan Holland at Susan_Holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu
wrote:

> This kind of thing happens all the timeŠ
> Usually changes happens in a friendly way without stressing people out too
> much- but sometimes it gets to be a problem when communication breaks down!

whew! thanks, susan. for a minute there i thought i was the lone ranger. at
my schools, the specials teachers and general ed teachers have cultivated
very respectful relationships and generally we work out schedules so that no
one is unhappy. my flexibility arises mainly out of concerns for getting my
curriculum taught and the kids' art work done. we already miss so much
school because of professional development days (always on friday), and
holidays (here comes another one on good friday), that kids with art on
friday end up with about 75% of time in art as the classes that come on
tues/wed.
but all that aside, i really don't understand why so many on this list don't
want to accommodate changes. will someone explain to me (i'm a little dense)
what's so difficult about a few teachers trading places when an occasional
conflict arises?

thanks,
linda in michigan

---