Re: Mary Azarian & "Coincidence"

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 09:47:25 PST

I repeat... You are sooooooooo lucky! :-) My father-in-law married a woman from Tibet. It is a fascinating culture with all sorts of strange little habits. Tsering (my step mother-in-law) grew up a very wealthy child, but when China over ran Tibet she and her family were forced to bury all their treasures and flee for their lives. She left her daughter and her family to come to the USA 15 years ago where she joined up with the craft circuit. I love to sit and visit with her (especially when there is food involved as she is an excellent cook!) I ought to do your Sacred Circle lesson with my 8th graders when we return to school (can't believe that I am actually ready to go back - although Spring break was definately needed!). I had been working with printmaking with my 7th grade when we left - I think I'll add abit more to the lesson! Thanks for the inspiration! :-) BTW - seems all the "chatty" list members must be in Miami...
~Michal
  By the way, this isn't the FIRST time that something like this has happened: When I was doing the Sacred Circles course, I discovered that there was an exhibit of Tibetan art at a local (SMALL) museum near here and was TOTALLY blown out of the water to discover that Tibetan monks would be at the museum creating a mandala during the first week of our course! I was able to arrange a fieldtrip (on short notice!) and it was really one of the highlights of the Sacred Circles unit. :-)