Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 07:45:46 PST

No, they are not. It presents a situation in which scheduling becomes a
nightmare.
It is stated on our schedules that no classes are made up due to field
trips, etc- it includes everything. I used to, in the past, when asked
by a teacher to re schedule, tell them if they wanted to make
arrangements with another teacher to switch, that was fine just let me
know, but I wasn't going to take time out to do this, which is usually
impossible anyway. Our argument is that they don't reschedule middle or
high school classes to accommodate for absent classes- the reason, it's
just too much to move everyone around to make a plan period for some
teacher. They are expected NOT to schedule any events on their special
classes days if they are concerned about missing a period.
To me, it takes a certain type of teacher to ask this....
Betsy

Heyjude5270@aol.com wrote:

> Just an informal survey question for elementary teachers out there:
> At your school, are teachers permitted to rearrange your schedule
> whenever

---