Re: Mary Azarian--Printmaking Demonstration & Visit

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 07:40:38 PST

You are tooooo lucky! That must have been an awesome experience - I loved your page with the step-by-step photos. Even if it does take abit longer to load it wouldn't be as effective with some of the photos left out. I'll bet you could go in Monday to do a printmaking lesson and your students would be fired up with wonderful ideas! :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  Okay, this was cool! Mary Azarian, 1999 Caldecott Medal winner for her woodcut illustrations in the book "Snowflake Bentley," visited my school on March 21, 2002. She met with our middle school students and demonstrated her woodcarving and printmaking techniques.

  I've added this special visit to my website:
  http://www.art-rageous.net/Azarian.html