Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 20:16:41 PST

Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes
In our district all teachers work under the same contract, so it doesn't matter if you teach 1st grade, HS chemistry, art, shop, etc. - we are all contracted to receive 45 min. per day. If a class leaves on a field trip then that class misses all specials for that day. I do not rearrange my schedule for anyone - the teachers control when their classes go on field trips so they are the ones to miss out (besides, if they are on a field trip then they don't have papers to grade, now do they! *G*)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

    Just an informal survey question for elementary teachers out there:
    At your school, are teachers permitted to rearrange your schedule whenever they have field trips, standardized testing, assemblies, parties, etc, etc., etc., in order that they not miss their planning period

---