Re: contributions

---------

From: griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 18:58:41 PST

Susan wrote:
I make sure that the students realize that they are not being compared to
other students only to the rubric. The standards are high, but all can be
successful.
Before I offer a suggestion, I make sure I tell them what they have done
well so far. I also make sure that they hear me give suggestions to the more
cabable students.
I LIKE TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL STUDENTS, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR,
UNDERSTAND THAT ALL STUDENTS ARE GIFTED OR TALENTED IN DIFFERENT
AREAS...EVEN WITH 8TH GRADE, IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE IF THEY RECOGNIZE
THAT THEY HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT, EVEN IF IT IS NOT IN ART, OR ACADEMICS...
CHARLOTTE
griswald@telis.org
rexfree_99@yahoo.com

---