Re: Elem. teachers/switching classes

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 04:26:39 PST

in the case of schoolwide assemblies and standardized testing, the principal
will make up a schedule for that day or week. as for field trips, parties
etc. that teachers plan for themselves, it varies with the teacher. some
can't stand to miss their planning period and ask specials teachers about
trading places. others just give the time up. my view is that i will
acommodate them whenever possible because i need the kids to keep up with
their work. i also fill my enrichment times with extra art for kids both
with and without their teachers. this has given them greater respect for my
program and, when it comes time for me to need a scheduling favor, they are
very understanding in return.