Teacher workshop

---------

From: tiffany glass (tglass_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 11:29:09 PST

I am a new-ish art teacher who has been asked to give a 45 minute presentation to local elementary teachers:
This is what I know:
1.The workshop theme is "Soaring with your imagination"
2. One artist is making kites with the teachers,
3. A hawk is going to provide dramatics for a science lesson....

I know that the director is interested in a craft " make a take" based presentation but I was wondering if anyone had ideas for something better. I keep thinking of the old saying "If you give a man a fish, he eats for one day, If you teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime" So do I want the teachers to have a really cool one shot art craft or do I want to inspire them to use art in their curriculum and their classroom? Any ideas?

---