Re: Question from a lurker about art teaching

---------

From: Jerry White (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 08:21:54 PST

 Being done does not always mean they are finished. They need to be
> encouraged to add details, embellish the work, consider alterations.
]> Woody in KC
Woody, You are so right. I remember a student from a couple of years ago
(3rd grade, clay dinosaur sculpture) who kept telling me he was 'done'; I
kept telling him 'your sculpture is not done!' This went on for the full
hour. These sculptures were entered into a contest at the Museum of Natural
History here in Norman, OK. End of story, his sculpture won a first place
ribbon! I told him it should be mine. Needless to say, all the students in
his class were impressed, and I always refer to that incident when they dare
to suggest that they are 'done.' Linda W.

---