RE: matboard ideas?

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 06:35:37 PST

How about a Frank Stella inspired assemblage? Painted pieces stacked at
different levels for a relief?

One year I was given a set of sample pieces - small - I gave the kids
toothpicks and split peas and they glued them in lines and dots -creating
movement - then I spray painted them all white - they were kind of
interesting.

High schoolers can come up with the ideas - send them home with the same
amount and see what they come back with - creative challenge -

> I have an unbelievable collection of scrap matboard, all colors, from very
> small to long strips to, say, 8 x 10's and bigger. All those pesky
> leftovers that you just can't make yourself pitch. I've cut them up into
> small pieces to use as scrapers for mosaics, and even a Louise Nevelson
> inspired creation. Anyone have some ideas suitable for high schoolers?
> Need something new and refreshing. I'm a real believer in using what I

---