situations instates, i.e., Colorado

---------

From: Ralph and Gretchen (schultz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:56:11 PST

Wayong,
   I used to live in Colorado Springs and substitute taught there. In
my opinion, subbing would be the best way to get your foot in the
proverbial door and allow the "Powers That Hire" to see what you can do.

 I was never certified full-time, only provisionally, but to do that, I
(after being certified in Illinois)
had to take two or three (my memory is sketchy) special ed courses
beforehand.
Maybe because the job market is so saturated people don't return your
calls, etc. I applied for only one job opening during the 12 months I
lived in that area, and that was because that was the only one I saw
advertised. So maybe things haven't changed much. Many people are
moving into Colorado from places like California, now. It's getting
quite crowded. That's one of the reasons we left.
Good luck, Gretchen Schultz in Missouri

---