Coffee filter "stained glass"

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 15:38:09 PST

Gearing up for a new group, and am going to start a tissue paper stained glass project with this warm up. Thought it was so great when I re-visited it, I'm re posting it for the new folks. (Talk about recycling! Even the e-mail I saved it on!)
At some point my 8th graders are going to do service learning project by teaching this to 3rd graders.
Trish

Easy to Make- Paper Stain Glass:
>> http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles/Larry_Seiler/149/

I checked this lesson out and it's a really good one for elementary. My
thoughts are to take this lesson and embellish...mainly at the stage of
blotting onto a piece of copy paper. I think I might try it to that point,
iron the blotted paper flat, and have kids do fine ink textures among the
colors using the shapes as interesting highlights with diff. textures
running through and around them. Thanks for the idea. Toodles....Bunki

---