Lead in Glaze & cone temps (was Re: tea in teacups)

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 14:37:47 PST

I have seen glazes with a label that says something like: "safe for use
with food if fired to cone #___." I was wondering how accurate kiln sitters
are, and if the possibility of kiln sitter inaccuracies means I shouldn't
risk using these glazes at all in K-8. Anyone know?
Also, does anyone have a link to a temperature chart for cones?
Mark