RE: Question from a lurker about art teaching

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 08:09:59 PST

Marcia, I've taught Middle School 15 years and still struggle to get kids
done at the same time. It will never happen except in heaven. I do have
related enrichment activities for them to do when they are done, so the slow
pokes can get done, but I expect slow students to come in during study hall,
or after school. I try to make the enrichment activities fun. I also have an
art center with buckets. Activities range from stamping, how to draw books,
art puzzles, logos and computer art games. It is pretty simple, it they are
not keeping busy they get a warning then a detention. I usually don't have
problems anymore. Of course there are those students......
Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools
Mitchell, SD