Re: artsednet digest: March 20, 2002

---------

From: Marc Feldman (marc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 05:51:45 PST

Call for Arts Educators: PapaInk's First Annual Call for Artists' Childhood
Art
Submit Your Childhood Artwork to PapaInk's International Children's Art
Archive
Deadline: May 31, 2002
Email: curators@papaink.org

Many artists are practicing the vocation they discovered as children. Their
childhood works, brought to light, can inspire the next generation of
artists, and raise social support for children's creative undertakings.

PapaInk, the non-profit International Children's Art Archive
(www.papaink.org), is building a collection of professional artists'
childhood works. We believe that children's artwork is intrinsically
valuable, and essential as an anchor of personal and collective history.
PapaInk seeks to elevate the social and historical status of children's art
by bringing together and professionally presenting children's art held by
individuals and organizations worldwide. Our online archive displays works
of historical note (e.g., children's art from the Terezín concentration
camp, drawings by child survivors of the Rwandan civil war) as well as
contemporary children's art from the holdings of organizations such as the
UN and SOS Children's Villages. PapaInk's archive is expected to draw over
one-quarter of a million visitors this year.

PapaInk invites you as a professional artist to submit a collection of your
childhood artwork for inclusion in the "When They Were Children" portion of
our online archive. Artists who submit eight or more works will have their
own dedicated gallery (free of charge) on PapaInk, including a gallery
homepage to detail their current activities. Those who submit fewer than
eight works will be included in our Group Collection. In all cases, each
displayed work will feature copyright and contact information, and links to
the artist's own site or online portfolio. Artwork in jpeg format may be
emailed to curators@papaink.org. Inquiries may be directed to
marc@papaink.org.

Join PapaInk in fueling children's artistic ambitions and affirming the
value of a creative life that begins in childhood!

---