Re: popcorn shading.....

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 05:38:50 PST

In a message dated 3/19/02 8:05:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sudz.massed@rcn.com writes:

> In a hihg school lesson I have the students draw a couple of pieces of
> pocorn concentrating on the shape and shading, then they have to choose
> their most interesting piece and redraw it on a 12X18 sheet of paper with
> it
> touching three sides of the paper. The students then have to shade it using
> complimentary colors of tempra paint to produce the different tones and
> values.

I thought I'd add my extension to this lesson. After they draw the initial
popcorn kernels, they study the sketch and find images like cartoon people,
imaginary animals, etc. in the contours. They enlarge that idea into a
drawing done in colored pencil values.

Marsha, headin' out to Miami NAEA in a few hours.

---