Re: Yarn painting solution ("sticky fingers solution")

---------

From: Elissa Spruill (arteduk8r_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 19:20:15 PST

> Does the wax ever really harden enough to become dry? Just wondering if
it
> would remain sticky.... Of course if the yarn completely covered the
> matboard, that would take care of part of the problem.

The matboard is completely covered by the yarn when finished. The wax isn't
as sticky as I thought it would be. The softness of the wax allows you to
press the yarn in enough for it to be imbedded. The wax remains soft enough
that students can work with it for several 40 min. sessions. A few
touch-ups of wax are needed occassionally. It was difficult for me to do on
a cart (my friend has a room where she keeps the wax ready at all times).
The completed projects stay intact...I'm not sure if the wax really hardens.
Elissa
Elissa

---