Yarn painting solution ("sticky fingers solution")

---------

From: Elissa Spruill (arteduk8r_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 18:35:03 PST

A friend of mine teaches a wonderful lesson on Huichol yarn paintings. She
does NOT use glue. Instead, she uses wax. She goes to Lowe's or Home Depot
and buys the wax rings used for sealing toilets (really cheap and a good
soft wax). She melts the wax in a crock pot and brushes a thick coat onto
mat board. The students (5th graders) use nailheads to press the yarn into
the wax. I have done the lesson myself and it is very effective as long as
the wax is on fairly thick.
Elissa

---