help? fun starter activity/difficult students

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 14:16:22 PST

I've got a new trimester starting Monday with a new batch of 8th grade kids. There are two best-buddy girls in the class I've had many problems with as a sub in other classes. I can usually reach angry kids, but these two are tough. I'm trying to think of a fun starter/warmer upper activity so we can begin working together in a good way, hoping to turn our relationship around. 60 days is a long time with sullen, resentful students!
I figured you guys are the ones to ask for ideas!
I am limited in supplies. Have tempra paint, markers, pastels, crayons, magazines, colored pencils, tissue paper. The other art teachers share if it’s not too huge an amount of something/too far out.
Thanks
Trish

---