silicone adhesives

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 07:24:06 PST

Thanks for the warning about silicone -

I have been told by two different 'art car' people that it is the adhesive
of choice - and one does cars with kids. I always try to read the labels
carefully. If I use it in my room - it is without kids for 24 hours or more
- over the weekend.

What a frightening experience for you with the oven cleaner... my
sensitivity is Wizard Air fresheners - can't be in the room without
headaches and nausea - and whatever is in carpet glue.

Still trying to have rubber cement outlawed in my school - we have several
primary folks that go to town doing photo albums at the end of the year.
Ellen

---