Re: popcorn shading.....

---------

From: Sudz (sudz.massed_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 17:08:55 PST

In a hihg school lesson I have the students draw a couple of pieces of
pocorn concentrating on the shape and shading, then they have to choose
their most interesting piece and redraw it on a 12X18 sheet of paper with it
touching three sides of the paper. The students then have to shade it using
complimentary colors of tempra paint to produce the different tones and
values.
 These turn out as great abstract works and are a great ice breaker at the
beginning of a semester as they have fun eating the popcorn. I will try and
put some examples on my website soon if any one's interested.
Sue

---