Re: I need secrets

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 09:23:45 PST

One trick that I do is to take those students who say "only draw trucks" and
focus on other aspects of their drawings. I might begin with "these are
great contour drawings of trucks, but I'd like you to push them abit further
by shading them". Once they have the shading part down then I move on to
"I'd like you to concentrate on the backgrounds now - these are wonderful
trucks, but look how empty the background is". Now these are only for
sketchbook drawings, extra credit drawings, and free choice assignments. If
I know that I will have X number of students who will do the same old, same
old then I will try to give limited subject matter.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids