Re: Question from a lurker about art teaching

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 21:15:04 PST

Not much.. basically, I learned by being in the classroom without a mentor
present. Its up to you to run the show.. scary thought at first. The first
year is the toughest of all.. you feel so alone. You are afraid to tell or
ask for help. Thats why it is so important for new teachers to hook-up with
a veteran teacher.
Wayne S