Visual Culture - simply defined

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 15:16:27 PST

Just thought I would pass this on. This topic was discussed over the summer,
too, so there will be some posts from June or July in the month-by-month
archives http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html
(won't come up in the search feature as that only goes back to September).

The study of Visual Culture involves developing a critical framework for the
understanding and discussion of those aspects of culture and society which
involve any type of visual media- ranging from TV, advertising and fashion,
to architecture, photography and painting.

---