Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Question from a lurker about art teaching

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 14:11:24 PST

Hi Bradley - welcome! Topics never discussed while I was in college: how
and where to order supplies (budgets should definately be introduced!), WHAT
to teach and how to integrate state standards (I got a full blown dose of
DBAE without ever truly understanding what it is - took me a few years in
the classroom), more discussions on real-life situations, student-teaching
the fall semester and then more classroom work during the spring, and I'm
sure I'll think of alot more! I believe there is way too much philosophy in
college - more on the job training would be helpful!

> My question is: What is something about art teaching that you wish you
> have learned in college?
> I know this is a question that may have been discussed many times on here,
> but as a newby, I would greatly appreciate and benefit from your
> wisdom derived from actual experience.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (