Re: student teacher needs a great idea

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 12:49:45 PST

Darla-
I would suggest using Sharon Kennedy's "Sacred Circles"/Mandala project.
Go to http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Dec01/author.html . This is a more user-friendly version of the archives. You can change the date to March02 and search under subject--"mandala" to see what everyone wrote, or author: Sharon Barrett Kennedy.
Sharon's web site is http://www.art-rageous.net. Go to the search engine and type in "mandala." She's got lots of cool ideas there.
I've just started the "Sacred Circles: Illuminated Hands" project with my 8th grade and they had a great time even with the practice values piece. They're excited about the hands part. We won't have time for the whole project, but it looked great, and I think took several weeks.
Good luck-
Trish