Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: airbrush demo

From: Aaron Hopkins (HOPKIAAR_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 11:41:57 PST

is there anyway that you could get a spray booth? that will help
out...the area does sound nice and big but i'm unfamiliar with "rules"
in safety.
good sounds like fun!

>>> 03/16/02 10:18AM >>>
The thread of the airbrush in the classroom fits right into a question
have for the group. We are having our annual arts day at our school on
Friday (the music teacher and I plan it). Regular classes are
for the whole day and the students get to rotate around to visit
demonstrating their work. This year we have a parent who does airbrush
signs who has volunteered to come. He's bringing a compressor and all
his equipment. I thought to set him up in the lunchroom (the students
get bag lunches on this day and eat outside while listening to the
school jazz band).He can use the loading dock to get his stuff in and
there are the big exhaust fans in the kitchen. Plus he can demo to
groups. My question-will this be enough ventilation (there are several
doors that can be opened) and will there be paint flying that I should
be concerned with?
          thanks for any expert advice in this area,