Re: using airbrush in the classroom

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 10:20:01 PST

I would also like to point out that if it is a health risk to students then
think about the health risk to you, the art teacher. Your students are
exposed for anywheres from 25 - 45 minutes, but if you are teaching this for
several classes then your risk increases dramatically.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I took a workshop one summer with two artists who specialize in airbrush
and fabric work. We were NOT allowed to do airbrush work without using a
respirator--the kind that looks like a gas mask. Also, the instructors
would not allow us to heat-set our work ( using irons) without wearing the
respirators. They had lost two good friends (also artists) to cancer and
felt that constant exposure to fumes, vapors, particles, etc. had
contributed to the cancer.