Re: strong glue

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 06:09:28 PST

I have a trick that I use frequently when I need the
support/longevity/flexibility of silicones like e6000 or Goop, but need
the instant bond of a glue gun. I used this technique for adhering some
painted cardboard pieces, or plastic pieces, or metals to other painted
cardboard pieces during my recent (and soon to be shared) HIGHLY
successful cardboard and papier mache "When Is A Chair More Than A Chair?"
project done by my fifth graders. I can't wait to show you the HILARIOUS
and extremely creative mixed media frenzy results of this project. I will
photograph them soon to share.

 This will only work if you have a gluing surface of at least an inch
across:

Put just enough hot glue on the surface to hold temporarily, on the
remainder of the surface, squeeze some goop that will set up gradually,
but outlast the bond of the hotglue that holds it in place temporarily.
You might want to add just a bit of masking tape temporarily to help the
hot glue to hold the piece while the silicone sets up, especially if the
pieces being joined are very large or heavy. Be careful to see that each
glue has it's own "space" on the object being glued...it won't work if
they mix together.

---