Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: words / we need more words

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 04:51:28 PST

I encourage the use of "euphemisms." Of course I have to teach what
a "euphemisms" is first. At least it requires students to think before
they speak, and thinking is what we want them to do. We need to do
more to expand their vocabularies so they will have plenty of words
to choose from. I seldom find a need to cuss, except when I step in
                                                                Woody in KC wrote:

> << I just can't
> stand it when students say "Fudge" and "Sugar" when
> they make a mistake. Where's the creativity there? >>
> I say "oh pickle warts" but can;'t tell you why or where it came from - can;t
> tell you
> the real word that is circling in my little brain and how fearful that it
> will pop out instead!!! LOL Roberta

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
 my watercolors are at