Re: student teacher needs a great idea

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 13:38:57 PST

Darla Ninteman wrote:

> <snip>
> I would like to design a four week class. These students may or may not have
> any interest in art, they are randomly placed into our room. I need to come
> up with a brilliant idea that would appeal to the general masses in a middle
> school.

Darla,

Make it as non-threatening as possible, with almost-guaranteed success.
We've all discussed in the past how much our students love weaving; it's
reaaa-llllly cheap and CLEAN. My 3D class just started on Thursday, and
already on Friday a squirrelly little freshman boy said, when it was
time to leave, "Already?! Man, this is the first time this class has
ever gone by fast." :D

Go with whatever your strengths are, though; you don't want to stress
yourself out learning something new AND having to teach it while you're
a student teacher (believe me, you'll have enough of that after you get
hired).

Maggie

---