Re: budget cuts

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 12:46:59 PST

kprs@cybernex.net wrote:

> Nnaell@aol.com wrote:
> > I tell teachers to NOT be resourceful when they have no
> > money....I was > killing myself hauling supplies to my
> other school
>
> Although I don't always practice what I preach...I agree
> with you wholeheartedly...why? Because "they" will rely on
> you to bring the stuff in!

I agree with both of you, which is not to say I don't buy a lot of
stuff. I have a really good budget (mostly along the lines of, "Order
whatever you need." My expenses come in when I'm eager to try something
new and don't want to wait 'til the following school year. My classroom
was broken into at Christmas and locked cabinets robbed; so far I've
steadfastly refused to replace the things that were stolen, although
that means having to forgo a sculpture unit and come up with something
else.

Maggie

---