Re: Like An Egyptian

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 08:36:03 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com>
> At our most recent Art Staff inservice we had a presentation on ways
> to use the upcoming Egyptian exhibition at the Nelson Gallery. As teachers
> came in I handed them a page outlining a simple assignment. M. Hunter
> would call it an "Anticipatory Set". They were ask to design a letter in an
> Egyptian Style so we could display an entire alphabet. See our work at:
> http://www.taospaint.com/LikeAnEgyptian.html
> Enjoy, Woody in KC

This is such a neat idea! Woody...would you PLEASE share how this was
introduced? Was there a ditto or flier to give the teachers (like math, etc.
teachers who would have no clue) an idea of how to start or what Egyptian
letters generally look like?

BTW...I was looking at google.images.com the other day under "tessellations"
and there was an image of one of your students working on a tessellation.
You DO get around...smile! See you soon at NAEA? Toodles....Bunki

---