Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Curious about the state of other States?

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 07:52:28 PST

In my district art will not be cut as we do both QPA and NCA. NCA requires
that art be taught (not sure of all the logistics - just was reassured by my
administrator that I will have a job as long as we do NCA). I won't know
until April 4 (or 15th - depends upon which board meeting they discuss
certified personnel) whether I will be full-time as I am now, or cut to part
time as I was 5 years ago. If I am cut to part-time then I will look for
another teaching job, which saddens me as I love my students and the
community I work with. However, my first responsibility is to my family, and
unfortunately they like to eat. My positition is not the only one being
cut - library, middle school science, p.e, elementary counseling, and 2
elementary classroom teachers are all on the chopping block.

> Just curious though...what the climate, conditions are
for art teachers throughout the country with all that's going on? Budget
shortfalls, cuts... How many are concerned about possible lay-off's,
> Larry

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (