Re: student teacher needs a great idea

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 20:06:07 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Susan Holland" <Susan_Holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu>
> Darla, when I was student teaching at junior high level, screamers took 6
> weeks- and that was in "advanced art" with 8th graders who had an interest ...
I love the screamers
> project, but I'd look for something else for that class. It sounds like a
neat
> opportunity, and I'd pick something you really are interested in so your
> enthusiasm can help carry the class.
> Susan Holland
***************

Darla and Susan...(who took the words right out of my mouth!) The Screamer
project takes us one semester. Way too long for what you have in mind. I
agree with Susan.

One good show-stopper is the pantyhose sculpture. You can probably find the
instructions in the Artsednet archives. Just enter "Pantyhose sculpture".
That would take you about two weeks if you wanted to really focus on the
painting end. One week if you DIDN'T want to spend time on good painting.

Another might be the rock faces that WERE on my website. If you're
interested, email privately and I'll send you an attachment or two. Cheap,
fun project that's different.

Sounds like you're allowed to do ANYTHING...so...what are your fortes? Do
you cook, sew, etc.? Or do you want to stay with "art" due to your
cooperating teacher?

Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do. Toodles....Bunki

---