Re: student teacher needs a great idea

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 14:23:43 PST

Darla, when I was student teaching at junior high level, screamers took 6
weeks- and that was in "advanced art" with 8th graders who had an interest in
art because they had to take the intro course first to get there. I have since
found that paper mache is really hard for kids who have an aversion to getting
stuff on their hands- and that turns out to be one or two kids every time for
me. Often boys- go figure. So, not to be a wet blanket, I love the screamers
project, but I'd look for something else for that class. It sounds like a neat
opportunity, and I'd pick something you really are interested in so your
enthusiasm can help carry the class.

Susan Holland
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---