I am directing this to any of you who teach WESTERN ART HISTORY classes, and in particular, teaching to students at the 11th and 12th grade level.....
1. Do you teach this class strictly as an art history class or do you incorportate art history into your specialty classes?
2. Do any of you teach it in tandem with a music appreciation class?
3. If you teach it solely as an art history class, can you give me some idea what a typical day's activity would include?
4. Also, do you incorporate hands-on activities/projects that go along with what period you're covering?
At a conference some years ago, I stumbled upon a book entitled, Getting Into Art History by Annie Smith. ALthough it is geared toward the jr.high level, it contains many ideas that could be used at the high school level.
5. Have any of you used this book? Are there any other books, do you know, that Annie Smith has written in conjunction with this one?
Thanks in advance!