Re: using airbrush in the classroom

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 12:03:21 PST

You are taking quite a risk with air borne pigments.
Check your Health and Safety guidelines if you have
one. Exposign elementary children to this kind of risk
is out the question. Play it safe and use the
traditional materials in art. I have tried to use an
air brush with high school students on many occasions
and found that with out proper care of the air brush
and proper procedures the results can be very
frustrating unless you have a background and training
in using an air brush. Stick to the basics and don't
waste your time and valuable art budget an a gimick
that will hold the students interest for awhile but
will frustrate them in not being able to get the
rpoper results. Trust me this is a very sufisticated
piece of appartus.>