Re: spiritual necklaces

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 10:39:52 PST

Native Americans used them for their medicine bags-traditionally made from deerskin. Have made what I called "lucky" bags with the kids-used felt-just had them staple the sides, used a hole punce to put holes in the top and threaded plastic lacing thru,made tokens out of fimo to go into the bag and decorated the bag with acrylics-the kids loved it.
  FRANCIS REDFERN <nredfern@worldnet.att.net> wrote: sorry for the lame subject line but - I 've seen necklaces that seem to
come from various cultures that are like little pouches or pockets and
seem to be for good luck (like St. Christophers ) .
Anyone know what these are, where they come from, and what they are made of?

Nora