SECONDARY ART COURSES OF STUDY

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 07:53:52 PST

We have 8 high schools in our district and meet on a
somewhat monthly basis. At our last meeting we
considered the idea of looking at what we were all
doing in our courses of study. There was a surprising
gamut of what was being addressed at each grade level.
 There was no consistency even among teachers at the
same school teaching the same course. There was some
discussion on what was and should be taught in each
grade.
I am looking for some grade 9-12 course outlines (what
are the units,history topics, studios being taught) to
compare with. Hopefully this will help us in putting
together a consistent grade course of study.