THE IMPORTANCE OF THE ARTS

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 07:42:08 PST

I have been asked to make a presentation to a group of
parents at a school meeting to talk about the
importance of the Arts ( visual, drama, music and
dance) in the education of students. This is a big
opportunity to promote and highlight the Arts and I
dont't want to leave anything out. There have been
some rumours floating at this time of year that new
budgets for the next year may require cuts from
certain areas, like the Arts. I would like to make
this presentation to parents to parents with that in
mind. If I can make a strong enough case for the
benefits and give enough reasons for keeping these
programs alive, then maybe the powers that be may
change their minds.
My question is do any of you out there in Artsednet
land have anything that you have used to support your
programs or have any internet sites, quotes, archives,
journals, articles that I can referenece