airbrush demo

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 07:18:50 PST

The thread of the airbrush in the classroom fits right into a question I
have for the group. We are having our annual arts day at our school on
Friday (the music teacher and I plan it). Regular classes are suspended
for the whole day and the students get to rotate around to visit artists
demonstrating their work. This year we have a parent who does airbrush
signs who has volunteered to come. He's bringing a compressor and all of
his equipment. I thought to set him up in the lunchroom (the students
get bag lunches on this day and eat outside while listening to the high
school jazz band).He can use the loading dock to get his stuff in and
there are the big exhaust fans in the kitchen. Plus he can demo to large
groups. My question-will this be enough ventilation (there are several
doors that can be opened) and will there be paint flying that I should
be concerned with?
          thanks for any expert advice in this area,
                       Jeryl

---