Words kids use/bad language

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 07:11:35 PST

I had a student write the word " shig" on his clay project. I have no
idea what this means, and when I asked the student, he replied, " It's
just a word." Since I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere, I told
the student that if he wanted the word to remainon his project, he
needed to bring in a note from his mother saying it was okay. I will
keep the project until I get a note. The shame is, this is really a
pretty good kid, that I've had since Kndg. He has taken a downturn for
the last few months. Betsy
PS. Do any of you know what the word 'SHIG" means?

---