Re: The word "Gay"

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 06:59:29 PST

I do what elementary teachers do - I have them brainstorm lists of words
that mean the same thing, then I ban the "over-used" word. The kids think
it's cool to have new words that nobody else is using and I get to eliminate
words that could be potentially offensive to some people without making a
big deal about it.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids