student teacher needs a great idea

---------

From: Darla Ninteman (breakfast_with_darla_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 06:19:57 PST

Hi everyone,
I have been "lurking" on artsednet for well over a year now, reading all of
your wonderful ideas. Now it's time for me to speak up and ask for some
help! I am currently student teaching in a middle school and my cooperating
teacher has asked me to design a class. It will be a four week class meeting
everyday for 50 minutes. It is part of what is loosely known as
"Interdisciplinary Classes" in which students are randomly placed in a
classroom and teachers can teach whatever their hearts desire. (The art
teacher I work with has taught yoga in the past) So....here is my dilemma:
I would like to design a four week class. These students may or may not have
any interest in art, they are randomly placed into our room. I need to come
up with a brilliant idea that would appeal to the general masses in a middle
school. I thought about using Bunki's Screamers project. (Bunki are you out
there? What do you think?) I also thought about doing something with Pop art
or Surrealism.
Does anyone have a wonderful idea for me??
Thanks so much for your help!
Darla