transluscent backgrounds

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 05:47:21 PST

to Jan in Miami, who asked for this....

For translucent backgrounds....
Here's what I do...step by step....

In Paint Shop Pro, I open my image and then open a new file with a white
background, making it the same size as the image size.
Copy the image and paste in the new file as a new layer.
In the Layer Palette tool menu, beside that layer on the right side, you'll
see a slider bar with 100%. Click on the slider at the right and slide to
the left until your image is as translucent as you want it.
Then merge the layers.

Voila! You have your translucent image to be inserted as a background...

Try inserting this on your Power Point presentation as a background...

On my PP presentation for Surrealism, I have used Dali's Persistence of
Memory as the background for all slides. Looks great!...and impressive!
Carolyn

---