Re: inclusion support for art teachers

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 13:49:51 PST

"Fields, Linda" wrote:

> In all the years I have taught at all levels, I have never had an assistant
> or aide in a class. Linda in NC

I have a para who comes in most days to one of my eight grade classes.
I think I have about 9 special needs kids in that class. It works fine.
The only problem was having to speak with her about helping students
by working on their art with them. She stopped and started doing her own
projects along side them. She knows the kids and can be soft or firm as
needed. I've had other paras who were just there.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com