Re: Anatomical Drawing Resources/ Talented 8th Grader

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 09:01:09 PST

Maggie,
You are so fortunate to have, and recognize, such devotion and talent in an eighth grader. Yes, I'd suggest Betty Edwards 'RSotB.' I'd also suggest you introduce him to the local art associations, where he might be able to try life drawing (with parental permission, of course). Perhaps you could do these extra studies as an independent study activity, meeting with you once each week before or after school. This kind of young person should be supported in every way possible!
Mark
  Maggie Tucker <maggiet@wcs.edu> wrote: I have an eighth grade student who wishes to concentrate on anatomical drawing during his quarter with me. He is serious about this because his parochial high school will not let 9th graders take art and this will be his last exposure for a while. I'd like to help him but the rest of his class doesn't have the will to take something this challenging and do something with it. Any suggestions? Would following Right Side of the Brain be helpful?